Sundays 10:30 AM—12 noon
593 Columbus Ave. (88th St.)
All Sunday sessions are with CMC’s guiding teacher Allan Lokos, except as noted
Beginner’s introductory session 10:00–10:20 AM led by a CMC experienced meditator
Wednesdays 6:30–7:30 PM
150 West 83rd Street (Columbus & Amsterdam)
Led by Susanna Weiss
No registration required for any of the above sessions
Questions: 212 787-7272 or email: email@example.com
Save the Date: Sunday, May 14th at 4:00 PM
THE CMC 10th ANNIVERSARY GALA CELEBRATION
Featuring performances by Malachy McCourt, and others
and a special tribute to Sharon Salzberg
Watch this space for ticket information
THE COMMUNITY MEDITATION CENTER is located on Manhattan’s vibrant Upper West Side
• Sunday sessions: 593 Columbus Avenue (NE corner of 88th Street) Handicapped accessible
• Wednesday sessions: 150 West 83rd St. (Columbus & Amsterdam) Handicapped accessible
• CMC events start on time. We encourage arriving a few minutes early so as not to disrupt others.
• Please plan to stay for the entire session.
• Please turn off cell phones, pagers, etc.
• During Q and A periods please do not comment on what another has said.
• Tea and chocolates are available at Sunday sessions. Help yourself before and after the session.
• Please avoid moving around during meditations and dharma talks.
• The tradition of Buddhist teachings is grounded in the practice of dana (generosity). This practice comes to us from the time of the Buddha when those who received the teachings reciprocated by donating food, clothing, and medicine. The CMC carries on the tradition of dana by offering the teachings without charging a fee. The generosity of those who attend keeps the CMC running and supports our teachers. At each session there is an opportunity to practice dana by making a contribution to the CMC. This also enables us to maintain a policy of turning no one away for lack of funds.